Sunday 27 October 2013

PREACHERS OF LA: VIDEO OF SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 (PART 1)!

 

Top of the morning to you! What a weekend! had a blast a GA2R's show hosted by Freedom Hall Friday! Those are my people right there! watch this vid of us messing around in Maryland, USA  this past summer  >>>GA2R and DMSQUARED in USA . There was also TAPE by HOTR on Friday and back to studio the rest of the weekend! Back to the blog, I get a call from my boy  Chibills, co-owner of  Different World Records, he begins to go on about Preachers of LA and how in the end times God will use unorthodox means to reach the world with the precious message of Jesus. 

Now Chibills  can be cerebral at times and this was one of such moments. I alluded to some of his points but the castigation the show recieved from the well respected Bishop TD Jakes also left me quite wary>> Bishop TD Jakes rebukes Preachers of LA
I decided to search the internet and it seems the guys at Oxygen (the production company behind the series) have done a great job of blacking out the series. However, DM the Boss your premier source of Gospel lifestyle related news has hooked you up, however we cant promise the Youtube wont take this vid down in the next couple of hours so enjoy it while it lasts.

My take is all these Preachers love the camera, they love the spotlight a tad much. As someone who does alot of shows I know how intoxicating this can be and sometimes it might even begin to get to your head. I think it's entertaining, it's not meant to be an hour of televangelism. It provides a vehicle where people can hear about a Gospel in a different albeit shocking manner. I think the show should focus a little more on the Preachers works rather than their material acquisitions. The' in your face' flaunting of wealth is a tad tacky.

The “Preachers of L.A.” cast includes Bishop Noel Jones (the aforementioned brother of Grace), a Jamaican-born self-made success looking for a successor for his business; Deitrick Haddon, a musician and songwriter whose life and career were rocked by a divorce scandal; Bishop Clarence McClendon, who reaches an audience of 250 million people each week with his international broadcast; Pastor Wayne Chaney, a young up-and-comer whose Antioch ministry is poised to become a “mega-church”; Bishop Ron Gibson, a former Crip who’s grown his Life Church of God in Christ flock from nine to 4,500; and Pastor Jay Haizlip, an Alabama-born former pro skater who overcame drugs to lead the Sanctuary of Huntington Beach.

I had to divide episode into two parts as the media blackout was giving me a nightmare! Here's Part 1, I'll drop part 2 tomorrow

My  immediate favourite character is  Bishop Ron Gibson the 'OG' /Original Gangsta.. it's refreshing to see a Pastor go back to the hood and talk to real Crips and not sound preachy. Pastor Jay too is cool, just cause I'm a closet skateboard head! Anyway here's the video, enjoy it till the take it off! and make sure you watch my video caterpillar>>>




It's DM! have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment